Censored By Blizzard Guild Forums

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Calendar. NAO!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Norm

PostSubject: Calendar. NAO!   05/01/10, 11:51 am

I've been pushing for this for a while. We need to start using the calendar ASAP. It's there for a reason.

We have raid times basically 'set in stone', but we still tend to be loose in terms of finishing raids, doing alt runs, etc. I think it would be a lot easier if we could set some exact times, and have people sign up with their role. That way we know ahead of time what we're missing and who we might be able to PuG to fill a spot. It would also let us know who is signing up, but not making it in so that we can be sure to include them the following week, on Alt runs, etc.

On a related note, we need to start being a bit more professional on start times - i.e. Don't do your fucking daily BG, Dungeon, or Arena 10 minutes before we have to start a raid. I've seen this before - it's not fun to sit in party for an hour waiting to start. Be online, ready for invite ~10 minutes before the start time. If we need to push the raid back by 30 minutes to allot more time for dailies, that's another option.

I'm willing to run the calendar, but I don't have access to Mass Invite which would make a lot more sense for 25 mans. I need to either be promoted to officer, or have a rank added for this purpose. "Calendar Bitch" would work well enough.

My thoughts are: Tuesday - VOA 25, Ony 25, ToC 25, Possibly ICC10 man(s) depending on time/availabilty
Wednesday - ICC25
Thursday - ICC25 continuation or ICC10
Weekends - Alt Runs, Raid Continuation, Pick Up 10 mans, etc
Monday - F around night to make some gold for the week ahead
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   05/01/10, 12:53 pm

Norm wrote:

My thoughts are: Tuesday - VOA 25, Ony 25, ToC 25, Possibly ICC10 man(s) depending on time/availabilty
Wednesday - ICC25
Thursday - ICC25 continuation or ICC10
Weekends - Alt Runs, Raid Continuation, Pick Up 10 mans, etc
Monday - F around night to make some gold for the week ahead

I'm down i like this plan, ATM Voa isn't very important, but someday soon it will be dropping T10. Ony 25, imho, fuck that. TOC/TOGC 25's then 10 man icc's sounds grate. Two night for ICC 25 is good. good plan....

another thought of mine is that our ranks need restructured, anyone have any thoughts on that ?
Back to top Go down
http://cbb.yolasite.com
Norm

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   05/01/10, 01:56 pm

Thanks for the input - I only suggest Ony 25 for my own selfish reasons. There are still 3 or 4 things that I can use in there, and I figure if that's the case with me, other people must have some upgrades in there as well. It's also a good opportunity to get quality gear for offspecs that gives flexibility to our raids.

If we can be disciplined about getting there and getting summons out, it really should not take more than 45 minutes end-to-end. I suppose we could sideline VOA25 until the new boss is out (P.S. - is that today?)

Another thing to consider is that with the opening of new wings, ICC 10 man might turn into a 2 night affair, but this is to be determined. I think our progression will start to pick up steam once the new wings open up, and 251s and badges are rolling in.

Whatever we decide, I'm planning to be online by 6:30-ish on Tuesdays every week.....
Back to top Go down
Bubblenpwn
Raider
Raider

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   05/01/10, 02:28 pm

i say ICC 25 tues Smile i try to be on wed but i cant always be on only for sure days i have would by tues and sunday Sad
Back to top Go down
Norm

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   05/01/10, 02:54 pm

I'm flexible with the schedule - it was just a preliminary suggestion. I think the logic behind this setup was to get easy upgrades prior to the week's ICC25. Tuesday works fine for me - we should ask in guild and see what people want to do. Personally, I would prefer even to see ICC towards the end of the week, once people have had a chance to get gear throughout the week. How about Saturday or Sunday sometime if Sunday works for you?

Here is my issue: In my opinion, we are still considerably undergeared for ICC 25. If you take a step back and look, we're basically skipping 2 tiers worth of progression to get in there. We need most of our DPS up around 6-7k minimum before we will have even the first wing on farm. As it stands now, I think we can get Lady D down (FFS, we already did!), but it has to be a perfect run, with every person playing their best and not making a single mistake. People often forget that there is element of luck to most fights in this game. On Lady D specifically - broken sheep, deformed fanatics, reanimated mobs, placement of D&D, the curse - can ALL cause a wipe. Gear is the variable that evens out the element of luck and enables you to adapt in the middle of a fight. Right now, we're basically rolling the dice and hoping we get lucky. I don't want to call our infamous 127HP attempt a fluke, but it certainly is beginning to seem like it. It's nothing to get discouraged over...I just don't think we're being realistic.

With a new wing opening tonight, our time would be much better spent getting some easy 245s, and running our 10 ICC groups - assuming we can clear it, that is 15 frost badges apiece, a buttload of rep, and 251 drops all around. I think that's a faster progression path for us than spending 2 full nights in ICC25 to get 6 pieces of lvl 264 gear, 3k rep, and 4 badges. Just my thoughts and opinions.

Ok, Nerd Rage off. See you guys tonight.
Back to top Go down
Kyndness

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   05/01/10, 03:54 pm

Norm wrote:

If we can be disciplined about getting there and getting summons out, it really should not take more than 45 minutes end-to-end. I suppose we could sideline VOA25 until the new boss is out (P.S. - is that today?)

*COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH COUGH*

I have about had it with this aspect of the guild. There is NO REASON that the same two people should be summoning the entire 25 man raid party every damn raid. ESPECIALLY WHEN ALL OF THE RAIDS ARE A TWO MINUTE FLIGHT FROM A MAJOR CITY. FUCK!

We could gain SO much time by people learning to be responsible for themselves. Stop being lazy.
L2B Prepared, get yourself to the raid. Our warlocks should not have to put down 2 stones before we even start pulling trash. And if you DO get summoned, take it the first damned time. Don't make us summon you 5 times.
Back to top Go down
Shockacon
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   06/01/10, 04:49 pm

Honeslty there should not be anymore than 3 or 4 minutes in between boss attempts and trash pulls. With all of the raids, except for naxx, there are teleporters that put you where you need to be. It seems like there is always a handful of people that either wont release and make people res them, or they take their damn sweet time getting back to the boss. Another thing that would help is that when the raid wipes, for fucks sake just rebuff the raid without being told to. It seems like we stand around waiting for buffs after a wipe more than anything.

That being said I know that not all people fall into this category, there are some people that release and run back and are buffing people as they get back.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Shockacon on 06/01/10, 06:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
booyashaaka
Raider
Raider

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   06/01/10, 05:01 pm

im here
Back to top Go down
Kyndness

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   06/01/10, 05:15 pm

and I can't help but point out that Bam doesn't even raid with us but he is using the forums hehe

gj bam!
Back to top Go down
Shockacon
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   06/01/10, 05:58 pm

Kyndness wrote:
and I can't help but point out that Bam doesn't even raid with us but he is using the forums hehe

gj bam!

Haha this is true! I am hoping there is a set schedule soon so that I can make plans and come back a few nights a week. Smile I miss raiding with everyone.
Back to top Go down
Kyndness

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   06/01/10, 06:26 pm

aw yay! i miss you raiding with us !
Back to top Go down
zulue

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   10/01/10, 09:42 pm

well u guys dont wont my veiws on this topic cause ill explode on yall.
first off at 8:00 u mfers know that their is a raid invite going out soon.
my objective if im a raider i should have my shit together that means flask,
food buffs, pops if u drink pops, come prepared people
on a second note if im a main raider i should be some where near the instance
so i can get their quickly enough that i dont have to be summond
third know my role weather im a officer or a damn greengo
dont get in vent and talk about gear that drives people crazy
third buffs and rebuffs it takes 1 hour for people to pass out goddamn buffs and rebuffs
4th be on your game man i mean officers are getting better at passing loot out i mean its not taking 45 mins so thats a plus but jesus christ buff up and ffucking pull it dont take 30 mins to pass out buffs okay keep vent clear during raids man we gotta turn this shit around or were not gonna progress to anything guys
if u dont try to do better imma have massive blood clots or hemotommas going off in my head simotanuosly and its not gonna be pretty
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   12/01/10, 10:40 am

Zulue.... you make some good points.... but ya know what... I'm pretty sure anyone who has read that ... dose all those things already...
Back to top Go down
http://cbb.yolasite.com
Septemus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   12/01/10, 02:55 pm

if only vent was clear on bosses.....if only....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calendar. NAO!   

Back to top Go down

Calendar. NAO!
Page 1 of 1